Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:59:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PORTS compiling problems

Since a few days I have massiv problems in compiling libtool-1.3.4 and other
stuff on our FBSD 4.0 box. When typing "make" the script seems to look for
the tarball, but the tarball is alraedy here! It looks for something like
".tar.gz", but not for "libtool-1.3.4.tar.gz". This happens to netpbm and
other tools, too. On the other hand, since I deleted the previous package of
libtool there occur some errors after typing Make install that reports, that
libtool 1.3.4 is out of date and I should install a newer one ..??????

Gruss O. Hartmann