Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2008 06:54:58 +0200
From:      "Peter Mosedal Laursen" <dmu615@vejlehs.dk>
To:        <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Please Help: Cannot Change settings from the GUI

Hi everyone,
=20
I have just installed Gnome 2.22 on my FreeBSD 7.0 computer, however, I =
am unable to change any settings from the GUI.
=20
It seems that all the settings are greyed out; even the unlock button is =
greyed out, meaning that I cannot press the button to gain the necessary =
authorization.
=20
=20
I have logged into gnome using a user that has been added to the "wheel" =
group, so that I can su into root. However, if I launch, for example, =
network-admin while I have sued into rooot, I am still unable to change =
the interface settings.
=20
Can anyone explain me what gives and provide me with some info on what =
configuration file(s) to edit?
=20
I have not modified any of the original configuration files.
=20
I look forward to any responses.
=20
Best regards,
=20
Peter.
=20
P.S.: I should probably add that this is general for all the settings I =
have seen - I cannot add any users, grant/revoke any authorizations from =
"Preferences->Authorizations" or any other thing.