Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: misc/20778: aio_write function cannot be used.

The following reply was made to PR misc/20778; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
To: craiglei@pasia.com.cn
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 11:58:07 +0100

 On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 02:27:55AM -0700, craiglei@pasia.com.cn wrote:

 > I make a program using function aio_write. It is ok when compiling.
 > But when it is run error occur with errno code 78(Function not implemented)

 You have probably not included the VFS_AIO option in your kernel.
 I've included the comment from LINT below. If you need to know how
 to build a new kernel, I think details can be found in the FreeBSD
 handbook.

 	David.

 # Use real implementations of the aio_* system calls.  There are numerous
 # stability issues in the current aio code that make it unsuitable for
 # inclusion on shell boxes.
 options         VFS_AIO