Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 13:09:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bumping up {MAX,DFLT}*PHYS (was Re: Bumping up {MAX,DFL}*SIZ in i386)

All of this is nice and fine, but the take home notion here is that there's
more  than a "maximum" or a "preferred" size. There's also a "required request
size". And this isn't a constant value you can stash in a dev_t- or you'll
have to have drivers change it as required.

It seems to me that the physio should just be beefed up to take an argument to
a 'parameterization' function, and that flags could be used that say "we don't
even need this mapped any where- just make sure that the pages referred to are
resident".

All of the other stuff is really more of a tight interaction with VM for
optimizing.

-matt