Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 1996 08:32:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vijay Saluja <VSALUJA@lakers.lssu.edu>
To:        Anthony Hill <ahill@interconnect.com.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD

Netscape is free since we are an educational institution and we already
have a Netscape server set up and wanted to keep the same brand of
server software, otherwise we would probably have looked to APACHE.  If
you know of any speed tests though that show the speed differences
between APACHE & Netscape, and the differences, I may be able to
change.

On Tue, 12 Mar 1996, Anthony Hill wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Mar 1996, Vijay Saluja wrote:
>
> > Can you run Netscape Server Software on Top of FreeBSD.  One of the
>
> I belive so.
>
> > options for Netscape Server Software is BSDI.  Is FreeBSD compatible
> > with it and will it run this http server?
>
> FreeBSD will run many BSDI executables, I have heard of people running
> Netscape Commerce Server.
>
> I have heard APACHE is superior to Netscape, it certainly offers better
> security options, and is A LOT cheaper. (pretty easy to set up too)
>

> > Thanks

                                  \\\|///
                                 \\ ~ ~ //
                                 (/ @ @ /)
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~oOOo-(-)-oOOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~+
|     	          	         GO LAKERS                  ______            |
|      z  z      z  z  \_ .     z  z           z   z            |  |          |
|  Vijay Saluja                      ::  Webmaster                            |
|  VSALUJA@lakers.lssu.edu           ::  http://vijay.lssu.edu/vijay          |
|  Lake Superior State University    ::  http://www.lssu.edu                  |