Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 21:05:36 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        committers@freebsd.org, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: doc tree is FROZEN

Hi folks,

[-committers, -doc, reply-to: me]

On Sun, Aug 15, 1999 at 08:24:59AM -0700, John Polstra wrote:
> The doc tree is frozen until further notice.  Please don't make any
> commits there (unless your name is Nik Clayton).

The tree is still frozen.  To keep everyone in the loop;

  The recent commits get the Makefile infrastructure partway working.  They
  do the right thing, but the install directory is hardcoded in some
  Makefiles.  This hardcoding will disappear when the various language
  translations of the FAQ are converted to DocBook, and use the new
  Makefile framework.  ETA for that is end of the week.

  You are encouraged to download the doc/ repository and try various
  combinations of "make" and "make install".  I'd like to know where it
  blows up.

 [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
 non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
 the links.
    -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>