Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:52:48 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Child <child@prairie.lakes.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MORE ppp programs...DCC

On Wed, Jan 21, 1998 at 01:12:16PM +0000, Brian Somers wrote:
> > Dear all
> > I am using a freebsd box (2.2.5-REL) as a gateway/router between 4 win95/NT
> > systems with the freebsd box connecting via user mode ppp to my ISP using
> > -alias to provide win95/nt systems with internet since they are 192.168.0
> > subnet EVERYTHING works FINE but Windows MIRC DCC CHAT/SEND it seems
> > freebsd isnt passing sockets connectly
> > i have tied using natd -s -m with no luck
> >
> > any suggestions?
> > HELP please
>
> Libalias needs to support this sort of stuff specifically.  At the
> moment, it only does IRC and FTP.  Now if you could come up with some
> fixes, I'd integrate them :-)

Uhm - libalias does support this explictly, unless mIRC has gone
abound and broken the DCC standard in even more places.

I'll try to find time to have a look at it (it's in code I've
written), but it might take some time (I don't have a windows machine
behind an aliased gateway handy, as one issue...)

Eivind.