Date:      Mon, 04 May 1998 12:47:09 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        "Patrik Åström" <patrik.astrom@tv3.se>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding space to a CCD !

Hi,

I used CCD's extensively on my system... The bad news is that they can't be
'built on the fly', you will need to backup the data on your existing CCD -
add the new drive, reformat - and restore the data...

Greh Lehey is working on a replacement driver for CCD which may let you do
this in the future, no doubt if he sees this message he'll reply as well ;-)

The only other suggestion I can make is to add the new drive - and then
setup some symlinks to the new drive for big directories - in the time
honoured tradition of 'my drive is almost full up' style... ;-) (or mount
the new drive under some big directory on the old drive if you get what I
mean?)

Regards,

Karl Pielorz