Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 17:30:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
To:        Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Cc:        Christophe.Novara@inforoute.cgs.fr, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X11 with a Diamond stealth 3D 2000

According to Carey Nairn:
> On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, C. Novara wrote:
>
> > Did someone manage to make X11R6 work with a Diamond stealth 3D 2000
> > video ?
> >
> > The S3 accelerator I've got doesn't recognizes the "Virge" chip.
> > Using the standard SVGA driver I only reach 320 X 200.
> >
> > Is there a new release of the S3 driver ?
> >
> > TIA
> >

> XFree86-3.2 is supposed to have support for the Virge chipset.  This is
> the version that is shipped with FreeBSD 2.1.6-RELEASE.

	Hi,

	I've got a related question.  Does the new XFree have
	a new driver aany of the `accelerated' cards?  Anybody
	know??

	I've got a Cardex Challenger Pro (Tseng4000) and when I
	upgraded to 2.1.5 my mouse began acting strangely.   When
	I click the middle button to empty the buffer, I'll
	invariably have mutliple copies  of the buffer.  --Unless
	I am *VERY* fast on the button, which I'm not.--

	Nothing in my XF86Config file or xset or anything else
	affects this, so I'm guessing that this is a bug in he
	W32 driver.   If -3.2 fixes this, I'm go for it.

	Thanks for any insight...

	gary kline