Date:      Thu, 06 Dec 2001 16:09:32 +1300
From:      Richard B Mahoney <rbm49@student.canterbury.ac.nz>
To:        Subscribers to FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   linux-netscape-navigator-4.79 | no recognized font charsets!

Dear All,

I'm running FreeBSD-4.3-R with XFree86-4.1.0_6.

I've just installed a couple of new web browsers:

 hotjava-3.0

and

 linux-netscape-navigator-4.79
 netscape-remote-1.0_1
 netscape-wrapper-2000.07.07

I'm very happy with Hotjava but am having trouble starting up
Netscape. This is the message I get:

 ===[rbm49] ~ $ netscape
 no recognized font charsets!
 ===[rbm49] ~ $

I've checked the README and it seems that no special paths need to be
set. Could anyone please tell me how to resolve this. I have had no
trouble in the past with netscape-3.04. Surely its not a problem with
Netscape and my version of X?

Many regards,

 Richard Mahoney

--
| 78 Jeffreys Rd                                 +64-3-351-5831 |