Date:      Sat, 15 Dec 2001 13:20:32 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Asus Ata266 ide problem ?

Hi to everyone.
I am trying to use a asus mobo (A7A266 (ALi M1647) Series ) but it
continues to fails in compiling world. It stops after a few seconds.
The same HD in any other pc works quite nicely.
I have changed also the cpu, the ram, the vga card and the nic but the
problem is still here.

The system is FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE cvsupped and compiled (in another box)
yesterday.

Now I'd like to know if someone has the same problem and if it could be
related to the iussue of :
VIA '686b southbridge and a VIA k[xt]133 northbridge
that I read a thread in a the multimedia list.

If someone is interested I can give more details (dmesg, errors etc etc).
If someone is more than interested I'll be very happy to put this box
online for testing :-)

Thanks...

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.gufi.org/~gmarco