Date:      Sat, 26 Nov 2011 11:52:48 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Does UFS2 send BIO_FLUSH to GEOM when update metadata (with softupdates)?

Hello, Kirk.
You wrote 26 =ED=EE=FF=E1=F0=FF 2011 =E3., 11:27:47:

> Your proposed change is definitely useful, though really just applies
> to filesystems running without SU and SU+J. The cases where bwrite
> are used are when we are using synchronous write to maintain
> filesystem consistency (e.g., the filesystem before SU).
   It is why I'm asking, or even begging, for help from you or other person,
 who understand SU/SU+J well for help to make it properly!

  Which codepaths in ffs_softdep.c are used with SU/SU+J? For example,
 bwrite() is used in softdep_process_journal() or
 clear_unlinked_inodedep()-- I see here contradiction with statement,
 that brwite() is only used WITHOUT SU and SU+J. But it seems, that I
 don't understand this code at all.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>