Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:15:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell PowerEdge 1650

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, doug.fee@unisys.com wrote:

> Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:01:24 -0500
> From: "doug.fee@unisys.com" <doug.fee@unisys.com>
> To: questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Dell PowerEdge 1650
>
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know or tried to run FreeBSD on a Dell PowerEdge 1650?  I'm
> pretty sure it would work, but I'm not sure about the dual embedded
> gigabit ethernet cards that come with it.  I tried to find out exactly
> what they are, but to no avail.  I'm thinking that maybe it is the Intel
> PRO/1000 XTs.  But it is confusing since Dell offers them as add-on
> cards also.
>
> Any light on this issue would be greatly appreciated since I'm
> considering buying 7 of them...
>
> Thanks,
> Doug Fee
> Network Design Engineer
> Unisys Corporation
> doug.fee@unisys.com
> 502-226-2143

Why not just ask Dell to provide them with FreeBSD on them?

heheBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA I kill me sometimes ....

...sniff, hhehehe, seriously - can you buy them w/o an opsys on them? If
so, why not choose a different vendor wich will sell you servers with BSD
on them or save some money and build your own?

Just curious.

|-John Bleichert----syborg@stny.rr.com----------------|
|-------------------http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg--|