Date:      Tue, 3 Jun 1997 08:23:47 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Minor linux_emul update

As Michael Smith wrote:

> > I hope there's a sysctl to set it? :-)
>
> Uhh, no, at the moment that's left as an exercise for the pirate. 8)

Why pirate?  Somehow, you must generate the number, one way or the
other.  You know it...  I've got no ethernet at all, so what's the
returned number?  I replace my first ethernet card by a totally
different number, am i required to change my license?

>   Can you
> have sysctl variables in LKMs?

Last time i've been looking for it, this didn't work.  IMHO, there
should be a way for it.

--
cheers, J"org