Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 00:27:24 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   wi0 hangs in ad-hoc mode.

I've been using 4.x-STABLE on my laptop for some time now
... occaisionally cvsup'ing.  I normally run in infrastructure mode
with my wireless card (an SMC card that shows up as wi0), but recently
had a reason (4 laptops in a car) to run in ad-hoc mode.

I have run successfully in ad-hoc mode before (many months ago now),
but when I tried it recently, my laptop would only lock up when I put
it in ad-hoc mode.  It wasn't a hard lock ... it's the kind of lock
where it eventually comes back, but it hangs on every access to the
card.  ifconfig (for instance) prints out one line a second or so.

Any ideas?

Dave.