Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 1999 22:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/13949: Various fixes to faq/book.sgml

The following reply was made to PR docs/13949; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To: Alexey Zelkin <phantom@cris.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 01:29:23 -0400 (EDT)

 On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Alexey Zelkin wrote:

 > hi,
 >
 > On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 04:07:35PM -0400, jedgar@fxp.org wrote:
 > >
 > > >Number:         13949
 > > >Category:       docs
 > > >Synopsis:       Various fixes to faq/book.sgml
 >
 > > ***************
 > > *** 250,256 ****
 > >   <para>The -current branch is slowly progressing towards 4.0 and beyond,
 > >   the previous 2.2-stable branch having just retired with the release
 > >   of 2.2.8.  3.0-stable has now replaced it, the next release coming
 >                ^^^^^^^^^^ one more candidate to 3.x-stable
 > > ! up with 3.3 in Q3 1999.  4.0-current is now the "current branch",
 > >   with the first 4.0 releases appearing in Q1 2000.</para>

 Damn, I missed one. :)  Now that I look at it, might want:

    the previous 2.2-stable branch having just retired with the release
                                          ^^^^
                                          been

 -----
 Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org> | All the true gurus I've met never
 System/Network Administrator,       | claimed they were one and always
 Reality Check Information, Inc.     | pointed to someone better.