Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 1996 09:57:38 -0800
From:      obrien@NUXI.com (David E. O'Brien)
To:        FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: blt2.1

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:
> FWIW, it was always my intention to make the port a "superset" of the
> package, so the package user got a canned "this is what we think
> you'll like" version and the port user had more flexibility, if such
> flexibility was available at all.

Argreed this would be a Good Thing.  People building the port should be
capiable of setting an evn var, or removing a comment in the port's
Makefile.

> In the second generation, the package should have different "flavors"
> to it, which you can examine or select from the adding tool.  If you
> ask for the developer flavor, it gives you that copy of its insides.

Do you have a plan for this now?  Will it be Makefile var dependent or a
more incompassing method?  This sounds neat!

--
-- David    (obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu)