Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:29:12 -0800
From:      "Jerry Nelson" <jnelson@inktomi.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SiS 900 Nic Chipset drivers: Mac address reporting 00:00:00:00:00:00

Hi all...Im new to the board and wanted to say hello.

I have been having an issue with an Asus motherboard that is based on the
SiS 630 chipset. It has the integrated 10/100 (SiS900)  nic and I have been
having a problem that I found some references to in the archives but no
solution. Basically the Nic is not reporting its Mac address to the OS. The
driver reports the Mac Address on all 10 of these boards as
00:00:00:00:00:00

I have FreeBSD-4.5 installed on all of these systems.

Has anyone worked out a fix for this yet?

Thanks

Jerry Nelson
Performance Analysis Engineer
Product Operations Division