Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:49:55 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        FreeBSD Daemon <free.bsd@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB Bluetooth dongle recommendation

hello,

> i will have to work on a project involving bluetooth technologie, for
> this i will have to get me a usb bluetooth dongle.
> i would be very happy to receive recommendations on devices that work
> esecially well (under FreeBSD).

any bluetooth usb device that conforms with the bluetooth specification
v1.1 should work. bluetooth usb devices based on broadcom bluetooth chip
may require firmware download. they will work, but you need to obtain
firmware elsewhere. csr chip based devices usually work very well right
out of the box. the following link may help you with your decision

http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/features.html

thanks,
max

p.s. please do not cross post to multiple freebsd mailing lists.