Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2019 15:25:28 +1000
From:      MJ <mafsys1234@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: How _completely_ remove/deinstall databases/mysql57-server

On 30/08/2019 1:34 am, Christos Chatzaras wrote:
> If you want to remove everything after the deinstall remove /var/db/mysql and maybe /usr/local/etc/mysql/my.cnf

That's presuming there isn't a custom location defined in the my.cnf in which case there's a datadir= reference inside which
will point to the location always.

He will also want to remove the init script (most likely usr/local/etc/rc.d or unlikely /etc/rc.d) and the mysql_server_enable="YES" in /etc/rc.conf