Date:      Sun, 02 May 1999 12:52:39 -0700
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@checker.org>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   update (was Re: shujit port)

Ok, I've worked on the shujit port a little more,
it's reported to work on 3.1 with the elf jdk, but not with the aout jdk.
I can't get it to work with aout jdk on 4.0 either, even after compiling
it with cc -aout, but that could be an issue with egcs.

I was just going to test for the elf jdk.

JAVADIR=        ${PREFIX}/jdk1.1.7
JAVALIBDIR=     ${JAVADIR}/lib/i386/green_threads
JAVABINDIR=     ${JAVADIR}/bin/i386/green_threads
JAVAOBJFORMAT=  `file ${JAVABINDIR}/java | ${AWK} '{print $$2}'`

pre-fetch:
        @( if [ ${JAVAOBJFORMAT} != ELF ]; then \
                ${CAT} ${FILESDIR}/MESSAGE;     \
                exit 1;                         \
        fi; )

There exists an aout binary release that is reported to work with
the aout jdk.  I couldn't see a clean way to install that instead
if aout is detected, maybe someone who knows make better could...

io# make
*
*       This port requires the elf jdk.
*       A binary aout release is available at
*       http://www.shudo.net/jit/dist/shujit-0.2.10-bin-freebsd.tar.gz.
*
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I guess that's all, its available at
http://members.home.net/jburkhol/shujit.tar
If there are no objections I'll send-pr it tomorrow.

Thanks, Jake
--
Linux - Zealotry taken over the Edge