Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 16:35:51 +0930 (CST)
From:      Kristian Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Corrupted disk slice

> > [morden] 0:33 ~ mount -t ufs /dev/wd1s4e /usr2
> >
> > /dev/wd1s4e on /usr2: Incorrect super block.
>
> It's trying to mount a DOS logical disk in an extended partition.  Make
> sure that /etc/fstab records this filesystem as a 'msdos' type FS.

No, /usr2 is my bsd partition which I keep my source code/ports tree,
living on wd1s4. wd1s3e is my /home, also a bsd slice

This is the relevant section from disklabel -r /dev/rwd1s3

8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  b:    92032        0      swap                        # (Cyl.    0 - 11*)
  c:   911232        0    unused        0     0         # (Cyl.    0 - 112)
  e:   819200    92032    4.2BSD        0     0     0   # (Cyl.   11*- 112*)

This is the mount output of the filesystems I have mounted

/dev/wd0a on / (local)
/dev/wd0s2f on /usr (local)
/dev/wd0s2e on /var (local)
procfs on /proc (local)
/dev/wd1s3e on /home (local)
/dev/wd1s1 on /d (local)
/dev/wd1s5 on /e (local)

wd1s1 and wd1s5 are msdos filesystems..not sure where wd1s2 is, but thats
the way it was set up and it's worked for the past few months.

This is my /etc/fstab, with the invalid filesystem entry commented out

/dev/wd0a                       /               ufs     rw 1 1
/dev/wd0s2f                     /usr            ufs     rw 1 1
/dev/wd0s2e                     /var            ufs     rw 1 1
proc                            /proc           procfs  rw 0 0
/dev/wd1s3b                     none            swap    sw 0 0
/dev/wd0s2b                     none            swap    sw 0 0
/dev/wd1s3e                     /home           ufs     rw 1 1
#/dev/wd1s4e                    /usr2           ufs     rw 1 1
/dev/wd1s1                      /d              msdos   rw 1 1
/dev/wd1s5                      /e              msdos   rw 1 1

Kris