Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 1998 02:45:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        chuck@ucsd.edu
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, jseger@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISC-DHCP

Chuck,

That web page is dynamically built from information contained within the
ports packaging files. I've copied the appropriate list and the maintainer
of the port.

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Chuck Rouillard wrote:

> Web support-
>
> Under "http://www.freebsd.org/ports/net.html", you have a port
> listing for the ISC's DHCP.  Specifically, I believe your
> descriptions are incorrect.
>
> 1. You list "isc-dhcp-1.0.2" as 'client and server code'.  I believe
>    'client' code was not offered until version 2(beta).
> 2. Both ports have the same 'Long description' suggesting server
>    support only.  This is probably not true.  'isc-dhcp2.bl.6'
>    supports beta client code as well.

Thanks,

- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -