Date:      Wed, 12 May 1999 12:37:47 +0900
From:      Kenjiro Cho <kjc@csl.sony.co.jp>
To:        Panos GEVROS <P.Gevros@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: inria ipv6 and ATM

INRIA IPv6 has its own extension to the en atm driver so that
it leaves out the ALTQ extention (shadow interface) in the en driver.
The INRIA atm driver does not have shaper control last time I checked.
(KAME IPv6 comes with the ALTQ atm driver.)

By the way, I backed out a shadow interface support from the official
FreeBSD trees (both -stable and -current) for those who have their own
extensions.

In the next ALTQ release (scheduled by the end of May), the atm driver
is reworked:
 - BPF works on each point-to-point VC (taken from the CAIRN atm driver)
 - queueing works on each point-to-point VC
 - no change in the userland tools

--Kenjiro