Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:29:41 -0400
From:      Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FSCK information (follow-up)

Though I received no help in diagnosing the "dirty file system" problem
(see my previous posting), the solution wasn't very obvious, and perhaps
fsck (or some other mechanism) could have helped.

In my case, I had listed the incorrect mount point for the same device.  This
caused a filesystem busy error.   And for some reason the other filesystems
were reported as dirty by fsck.   Having a better error response (if possible)
would have saved a lot of time.

_F