Date:      Fri, 07 May 1999 00:08:06 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Hoss Firooznia <hfir@math.rochester.edu>
Cc:        "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>, Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>, freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Subject:   Re: PicoBSD boot error: can't load kernel

I could have avoided a lot of pain if I were reading my mail... :-)

Just to confirm and make it clear to everyone, if the error message
says "elf_loadexec: archsw.readin failed", then it's a signal that
loader and kernel are mismatched, no doubt about it.

Alas, we can track what loader can boot what kernel, but we have no
way of verifying this. Maybe I ought to talk to Mike about putting
in /kernel an identifier of the lowest loader version that can boot
it.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Proof of Trotsky's farsightedness if that _none_ of his
predictions have come true yet."