Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:41:01 -0800
From:      bmah@CA.Sandia.GOV (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vnc in 4.0-current

--==_Exmh_1250498795P

If memory serves me right, Randy Bush wrote:
> /usr/ports/net/vnc# make
> >> vnc-3.3.2r3_unixsrc.tgz doesn't seem to exist on this system.
> >> Attempting to fetch from http://www.orl.co.uk/vnc/dist/.
> fetch: vnc-3.3.2r3_unixsrc.tgz: resource has moved temporarily to `http://www
> .uk.research.att.com/cgi-bin/redirect/vnc/dist/vnc-3.3.2r3_unixsrc.tgz'
> Receiving vnc-3.3.2r3_unixsrc.tgz: 0 Kbytes
> 894 bytes transfered in 0.0 seconds  (135.55 Kbytes/s)
> ===>  Extracting for vnc-3.3.2r3
> ===>   vnc-3.3.2r3 depends on shared library: X11.6 - found
> /usr/bin/tar: archive - EOF not on block boundary
> *** Error code 1

Oops.  As near as I can tell, this problem is caused because the VNC distsite
moved.

PR ports/9971, which I filed about a week earlier, fixes this problem,
although there was confusion on several people's part (including my own) as to
whether this patch was necessary and to whether or not the Web server holding
the distfile was actually up.  Ergo, this patch hasn't been committed yet.

(As far as I can tell, it should be OK to commit now, and, it appears,
necessary.)

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused...

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1250498795P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.2

iQCVAwUBNsrjDKjOOi0j7CY9AQEjjgP+N0yN+FEOgwRBT795a3aZvik871IZdwcL
/0/xukD+wTmJ78Cqwxe7pYwNIwtFSwqz6sXG9/qztOQrD9YJGCXy3YTomkPZHY1R
VzQLOMULLO4HPlB3wxd8a5ctwdQsHhGnA68/mJGfxEzhaSbzNndPqMLe4ILU1SgY
cjC1/0uzb2g=
=R/1Q
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1250498795P--