Date:      Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:06:45 -0400
From:      <freebsd-mobile@tcpipbitch.net>
To:        "'Brian T.Schellenberger'" <bts@babbleon.org>, "'sonam singh'" <sonamsinghl@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: how to ...Conf Modem & Sound

You may aslo want to try snd_csa (if that exists in 4.5). I am using
-current right now, and my Hercules GTXP external sound card (which has
an internal PCI adapter) uses a crystal chipset, and it works great,
including the multiple line in and outs.

Jason

On Friday 19 April 2002 05:09 am, sonam singh wrote:
| Hi
| I successfuly installed the FreeBSD4.5 on it and
| X-windows with Kde2 on Dell Inspiron 4100 Laptop .but
| i am not able to configure the modem and sound card
| .It has PCtel Modem & Crystal 4205 Sound card .Can any
| body tell how to configure the Sound and Modem .

Dunno about that modem at all (I haven't used a telephone modem in
years--the
last one I used was a 28.8 external . . . .)

But the sound is probably a matter of

kldload snd_maestro3

and if that works then put

snd_maestro3_load="YES"