Date:      24 Jan 2004 10:20:13 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Alexey Kuzmenko <ask@un.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ARP poisonong. LIVE_MAC

Alexey Kuzmenko <ask@un.kiev.ua> writes:

> There is a kernel module under Linux which is called LIVE-MAC. This
> module provide a sort of arp spoofing attack. It broadcasts arp
> replies for restricted host causing these hosts (basically windows) not
> to work in the LAN.

What an incredibly ugly idea.

> I'm wandering if there is something like above but for FreeBSD. I need
> to disallow any host network activity from the server (FreeBSD 4.8)

Surely there's a better way to implement what you're actually trying
to do; like firewalling the server you don't want accessed.

Even if you were going to try to do this by attacking ARP, I wouldn't
mess with the real IP stack to do it.  Couldn't you could get the same
effect by using RARP or proxy ARP?

--
Lowell Gilbert, embedded/networking software engineer, Boston area:
		resume/CV at http://be-well.ilk.org:8088/~lowell/resume/