Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 1999 00:18:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      patrick@whetstonelogic.com
To:        shevlandj@kpi.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HOWTO: Blackdown JDK 1.2.2 RC3 on 3.x

I would concur.  I ran all the demo applets and the JFC demos.  They
all ran fine.

If you want to get rid of the "dingbat" font errors, you can edit
jre/lib/font.properties, and comment out the lines with "dingbat" in it.

I've made these changes to the original message, and posted it to the
FreeBSD Java web site.  diff files are availible there as well.  (Or
will be when the web site updates.)  They are also availible at:
http://www.whetstonelogic.com/java/linux-jdk.tar.gz

I'll be posting relative performance results in a message shortly
(Which also answers Joe's earlier post.)

Patrick Gardella