Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 06:45:46 -0700
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A computer is giving me fits - 'no route to host' - both FBSD & OBSD tried

I am setting up anothe machine, AMD K6-2/360 and 64megs ram, and have had
nothing but trouble with it. Here's the story -
I installed FBSD 4.4-R and set up the network and all is fine as long as it
was a client on my network. I added a second nic, configured it and made a
few changes to make it a replacement firewall machine, and I get 'no route to
host' errors. I posted the problems here and it never got resolved. Then -
I installed OBSD 2.9 and set up ipnat/ipf and everything appears to be fine,
as long as it is only a client on my network, as soon as I set it up to be a
firewall, I get 'no route to host'. I have posted the relevant info on the
OBSD list and had some suggestions, but nothing that has resolved the
problem.
I have made a web page with all the relevant files posted in a table, both
FBSD existing firewall (FBSD4.0-r) and OBSD side by side for easy reading,
could someone please review these and let me know what they find? (I also
contacted my isp, they were no help, the ipaddress and netmask and gateway
are all correct).
I would like to get this resolved and up and running.
Here's the link-

http://www.wiegand.org/

then click on the link to the troubleshooting page, it's right there at the
top of the page.

Thanks

--
Chip W.