Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:05:28 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PC-Card ejection(suspend) with 4-current

In message <199911101400.XAA12524@lavender.yy.cs.keio.ac.jp> MIHIRA
Sanpei Yoshiro-san writes:
:   I think FreeBSD-4-current does not support PC-Card suspend yet.

Yes.  That's correct.  I broke it when I did my last batch of newbus
code.

:   I read and diffed old code and current code.  But I did not find
: out anything....
:
:   Does someone create patch for this problem?

No yet.  I slightly rearranged the order and timing of events in the
eject (and suspend) paths of the code.  Effectively, I've managed to
make the device go away from a hardware point of view before I've
removed the device from the software tree and stopped delivering
interrupts to it, so it gets an interrupt once the hardware is gone.
I've diagnosed it this far, but haven't looked at the code to find out
why it is doing this or how to fix it.  I basically screwed up Nate's
efforts which made the suspend code 99% safe... :-(

I would welcome with open arms patches to fix this problem...

: # or we need to rewrite and maintain pccard code(/sys/dev/pccard)?

That's the real answer.  Anybody willing to help, please let me know.
I have probe/attach code for the pcic code (in /sys/dev/pcic) going,
but I've not hooked up the pccard stuff to it.  My work on this is
on hold for the moment until my Sony VAIO gets back from Sony...
Hopefully by Friday when I head off for the weekend...

Warner