Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 10:18:26 -0600
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.creative.net.au>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hollywood (Re: PATCH.M )

On Feb 02, 1998 at 11:39:17PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> But its tried. If she no work, then they back the change out. Its worked
> for them.. you try the ideas out. If it doesn't work in -current, you back
> it out. Or fix it until it does. Then you bring it into -release. Or have
> I like missed something totally about how its meant to work?

I think so.  From my understanding, -current isn't intended to be a dumping
ground for new features, it's more like a final shakedown where the bugs
can get ironed out.  If you have a new feature, (like the CAM work, timing
wheel changes, or SMP ability) then these should be hammered out in the
developer's own release branch until they are stable.  Then, after others
have had a chance to test them out as well, they are brought into -current.

Of course, at this point, several things may break, since the developer may
not have been able to test all the various kernel permutations on their
machine.  But usually, the fundamental code is fairly stable, and it it just
a matter of squashing some last bugs, not making major changes to the code.

> </RANT>

Error: end tag detected with no corresponding opening tag.  :-)
--
Jonathan