Date:      Tue, 7 Sep 1999 10:31:38 +0000
From:      Conrad Juleff <conradj@is.co.za>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Floppy hangs 3.2-R

If I mount an msdos floppy read-write when the disk has write protection
turned on it hangs the system. This sometimes happens if I access the disk and
everytime I try to copy to it. I am not aware of this being fixed in -stable.

Sep  7 10:15:51 x /kernel: fd0c: hard error writing fsbn 19 (ST0 40<abnrml> ST1 2<write_protect> ST2 0 cyl 0 hd 1 sec 2)

Obviously it is not correct to mount read-write on a write protected disk but
a hang is surely not right.

Regards
Conrad