Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 2003 00:39:33 +0100
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@attbi.com>
Cc:        ports <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   build subversion with apache2

Hi Craig,

I read in the german computer magazine i'X about subversion and it's
many new abilities over cvs. So tonight, when I get stressed by some
disadvantages of cvs I decided to test it.

I have seen that the subversion port is using apr which is incompatible
(own words: "cannot currently be installed alongside apache2") with
apache2. The subversion install document says, that the apache2 apr can
be used, too.

When I rewrite the Makefile that way, that the system admin is able to
choose (using 'WITH_APACHE2'-flag as www/mod_php4 does), would that be
ok to you and would you check and (let) commit it?

Regards,
Jens