Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 1995 09:20:52 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Seppo Ruuskanen <Seppo.Ruuskanen@axis.se>
Cc:        scotte@odie.center.uscs.com (L. Scott Emmons), freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org, comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc.usenet@roma.axis.se
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD custom bootfloppies

> I never got any answers to my questions. My problem was (and is IBM
> Thinkpad 370C). I never got any further than You, my homemade
> bootfloppy behaved just like Yours. BOOTMFS cant be the whole answer!

I can't find the original pointer, but I hope I can infer what's going
on.

1) You need 5MB of memory to install 2.1 on laptops (which means you
   must have 8MB of memory)
2) IBM models require a special boot floppy which I have for -current,
   but I don't have yet for 2.1R.  (I suppose I could build it today. :)

If you don't have both of the above, you can't install FreeBSD on an IBM
laptop.  If you have both of the above (which you obviously don't have),
you won't be able to install FreeBSD successfully.

Nate