Date:      Tue, 10 May 2011 10:47:24 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?=A9imun_Mikecin?= <numisemis@gmail.com>
To:        Jeff Licquia <licquia@linuxfoundation.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) and FreeBSD

On 10. svi. 2011., at 05:30, Jeff Licquia wrote:

> (Sorry if this isn't the proper list for this discussion.  If not, =
please point me in the right direction.)
>=20
> The Linux Foundation's LSB workgroup has taken over maintenance of the =
Filesystem Hierarchy Standard, and is working on a number of updates =
needed since its last release in 2004.
>=20
> Despite all the "Linux" in the names above, we're wanting to make sure =
that the FHS remains independent of any particular UNIX implementation, =
and continues to be useful to non-Linux UNIXes.
>=20
> My question to you is: do you consider the FHS to be relevant to =
current and future development of FreeBSD?  If not, is this simply due =
to lack of maintenance; would your interest in the FHS be greater with =
more consistent updates?
>=20
> If you are interested, consider this an invitation to participate. =
We've set up a mailing list, Web site, etc., and are reviving the old =
bug tracker.  More details can be found here:
>=20
> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/lsb/fhs

FHS is Linux centric instead of trying to be useful to other non-Linux =
UNIXes (like OpenGroup does).
We already have hier(7):

=
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dhier&apropos=3D0&sektion=3D0&ma=
npath=3DFreeBSD+8.2-RELEASE&format=3Dhtml