Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 1996 07:15:18 -0600
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org (Justin T. Gibbs), roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pbufs (was: Re: ufs is too slow?)

>> Yes, please get rid of the locked buffer stuff.  That code is EVIL.
>>
>> BTW,do you have any plans for removing the 64k I/O limitation?  It sorta
>> sucks when you want to write a 1meg segment to have to cut it up into such
>> small pieces.
>>
>You have always hated that!!!  I plan to do something to create alternate
>mappings: segments.  Segments will probably use a yet to be enhanced
>VM/Buffer cache pbuf mechanism (not to be confused with VJ's networking

VJ's pbufs?  ive not heard of these before, what are they?  i remember hearing
something about him rewriting the tcp/ip stack to work well on gigabit
networks...  this wouldnt have anything to do with it, would it?  probably
not i suppose, but if anyone could point me to papers on anything related, id
apreciate it. :)

Chris Csanady