Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:08:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <dyson@iquest.net>
Cc:        dyson@iquest.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: inode / exec_map interlock ? (follow up)

    This is getting more then ridiculous.  Tell me what the hell you think
    is broken rather then refer me to things that are just as vague as the
    last 6 emails we've traded.

    Right now all I see is you reacting to incorrect information with even
    more incorrect information and taking every comment made by people and
    turning it into an indictment without even so much as a shred of hard
    data to back it up.

    Tell me, specifically, what you believe is broken and where it is or stop
    talking to me alltogether.  I absolutely refuse to be a party to this sort
    of shit any longer.  I've attempted to get you to clarify what you believe
    the problem to be FOUR times now.  And *FOUR* times I haven't gotten jack.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>

:John S. Dyson said:
:> Matthew Dillon said:
:> >
:> >     The ORIGINAL VM CODE.  Do I need to repeat that?  The *ORIGINAL* VM CODE
:> >     does not have one single line of source to prevent excessive queueing
:> >     of I/O for pageout ops.
:> >
:> You are wrong.  Please look at the code.  I will point the code out to you
:> if you want, but I suspect that you don't want to know.
:>
:Please refer to the message that I sent to you on 10 Jan 99 for some more
:information in that arena.  Apparently you didn't listen -- and what I
:said describes essentially what the nastier (but correctly working)
:swap pager does.
:
:I even explained to you in terms of "clogging" the I/O subsystem and blindly
:freeing pages.  That is a *very* real problem, and the old swap pager largely
:stopped that from happening.
:
:--
:John                  | Never try to teach a pig to sing,
:dyson@iquest.net      | it makes one look stupid
:jdyson@nc.com         | and it irritates the pig.
: