Date:      Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:16:42 -0400
From:      "Andrew Eross" <eross@chasma.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Tapes

Hey all,

I have a Seagate DDS-2 tape drive that I've been using without trouble =
for quite some time now. I just bought some new sony tapes (same exact =
tapes as I'm currently using .. but brand new) .. but for some reason I =
can't get the tapes to work .. everytime I try to write to the tape I =
get an input/output error from tar. The old tapes work, but not the new =
ones .. is there some type of tape formatting process that I missed out =
on or something? What could possibly be wrong?

Thanks!
Andrew