Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2001 10:02:49 +0100
From:      Martin Schweizer <pcservi@spectraweb.ch>
To:        ann kok <annkok2001@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: firewall in mailserver, ftp server

Hello Ann

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 09:08:35AM -0800 ann kok wrote:
> I am not sure the followings are correct or not!
>
> Servers eg: mail, ftp, web. Those are service for
> public function.
>
> 1/ They only have public ip address. No need to map
> internal local ip ?
What do mean exactly? Examples?

> 3/ Are servers to have installation firewall function
> lonely?
No. I use my FreeBSD box with all my stuff including an ipfw firewall and
gateway (for my home network). It's great!

--
Regards

Martin Schweizer
<info@pc-service.ch>

PC-Service M. Schweizer; Gewerbehaus Schwarz; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch