Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:12:21 -0500
From:      Fred Jacobs <lb@enteract.com>
To:        Michael Imor <umji@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Potential port of XF86_SVGA + riva_glx

acceleration, and it is quite noticeable.  XFree86 4.0 won't be out until
late summer, I believe, from what I read on the XFree pages.  It's nice to
be able to use this in the interim, even if the real major step for 3d
performance is XFree86 4.0.  I've created a binary archive of what I believe
to be the necessary components to utilize this functionality (including the
XF86_SVGA server) and placed this online at http://www.31337.com/~lb/FreeBSD
... for those who asked.  Anyone interested in making a package of this is
more than welcome, and it sounds like that might be appropriate given this
is a pretty monstrous build at marginally larger size than X itself.  (I'll
cease conversation on ports of this now if that is indeed the case)

Fred