Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 20:12:00 -0800
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        hasty@star-gate.com
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   data format for meteor/bt848 METEOR_GEO_YUV_12 mode?

Is there a document someplace that describes which bits are
where in the meteor/bt848 METEOR_GEO_YUV_12 capture format.

I looking for 4:1:1 capture in YUV.  I figure that YUV_12 is
4:1:1 with 8 bits Y, 2 bits each U & V.  I've reasoned out
where Y is kept within the 16 bit words that are coming out.

However, its going to be hard to figure out where U and V are
by simply guessing.

Is there a spec? A document? Do you know?

Thanks,

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@worldcontrol.com>