Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:13:08 +0100 (MET)
From:      Par Leijonhufvud <parlei@algonet.se>
To:        Andrew <andrew@auliya.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with Rhine III card

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Andrew wrote:

> >ifconfig_vr0="DHCP"
> >ifconfig_vr0="inet 213.132.119.242 netmask 255.255.255.0"

> You're giving the interface two different sets of instructions, dhcp and
> a static IP. If it's meant to be dhcp, comment out the line giving it an
> IP (...inet 213..etc.) and run dhclient vn0. That shoudl give you an
> address you're meant to have.

Nope, did not work (tried "dhclient", "dhclient vr0" and "dhclient vn0"
-- making sure there were no running dhclient processes before each --
and none gave me network).

Someone suggested that the card was a troublesome one, perhaps I should
throw money at the problem and buy something else. The local store
sells 3Com 3C905C for a reasonable price, anyone know if that might be a
better choice?

/Par

--
Par Leijonhufvud                                 par@hunter-gatherer.org
I think, however, that you will find that, online or in realspace, entering