Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2001 10:44:37 -0600
From:      Matt Schlosser <mschlosser@eschelon.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   netscape 6

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 09:06:54AM -0600, Matt Schlosser wrote:

| I still haven't figured out where all this is comming from.  I'm not
running
| a very impressive system, and the performance and load time of ns6 is
better
| than 4.x.
|
| Maybe you should give it a try.  On my BSD box, it's actually faster and
| more stable than on my win2k box.  Like I said before, grab the Linux
| version fron NS and not the milestone build.  It is a more complete
browser.

>Interesting.  I really like it on Windoze.  But I hate the idea of
>installing all the Linux base stuff just for that.  But I do have the room,
>so I should give it a try.

>So you just install Linux compatibility, then DL the rpm from NS?

Just enable/install linux binary support and either download the installer
or the entire thing from NS.  The x-installer works fine and you don't have
all the crap left on your drive when you  are done.  You might have to
install linux-gtk to get all the libraries (I already had it installed, but
I think I saw something in there in the dependancies).

"Can any of you seriously say the Bill of Rights could get through Congress
today? It wouldn't even get out of committee." -F. Lee Bailey