Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 20:52:29 -0800
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Weird NFS hangs/errors

I have a FreeBSD 4.3 box, Im using it as a NFS client to a Network Appliance.
If I run a two copies of a tool that stats every file in a directory tree,
and sometimes changes file permissions with chown()/chmod() I can almost
gurantee to lock up the FreeBSD box solid.  I was using mount options:

rw,-w=32768,-r=32768,-3,-U

I've since switched to rw,-s,-b,-i

I havent had a chance to run anymore tests to see if it still locks with the
new configuration.  Although I just noticed:

/kernel: got bad cookie vp 0xce217440 bp 0xc650048c

In the system messages.  Anyone have any ideas what is going on with this
machine and NFS?  Thanks!

-Crh

       Charles Henrich         Eon Entertainment         henrich@msu.edu

                       http://www.sigbus.com:81/~henrich