Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:01:19 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jakub Miziolek <jxm@obta.uw.edu.pl>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Heads up: New if_xl committed

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> As promised, the updated if_xl with full busdma support / other
> improvements has been MFC'd to 4.8-stable.  While I have put this driver
> through extensive testing, it is possible that there may be bugs which are
> either present in the -current version or that I added in the MFC process.
>
> So, if you cvsup to -stable anytime in the future and notice problems with
> if_xl, please tell me ASAP!

I have 4.8-STABLE cvsupped on Sunday, Aug 18 and it works fine, but
machine with 3C905B-TX often boots with message there is no media
connected to the card and of course there is no network connectivity.
ifconfig say the media is hw-loopback. This hardware is running FreeBSD
for some years and there were no problems earlier. Reboot once or
twice makes it going fine. When system can't see media LED on switch also
goes off.

JXM