Date:      Tue, 2 Sep 2014 11:43:18 -0700
From:      Patrick <gibblertron@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, gahr@freebsd.org
Subject:   tmux backspace patch?

Hi, there:

I was just wondering about the backspace patch for tmux. Since upgrading to
tmux 1.9a (from 1.8) where this patch is unconditionally applied, my
backspace key no longer works in the tmux command prompt (e.g. <C-b>:). I
had to remove the patch and manually rebuild to get it to work. I'm just
wondering what purpose this patch serves? I don't really understand what
this patch is doing, but I see from Google searching that I'm not the only
one to have the exact same issue with this patch.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports-bugs/2011-January/204523.html