Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 13:17:09 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ghostscript compiles with -g

 * I just noticed that ghostscript gets compiled with `-g'. Just add
 * something like `CFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"' to MAKE_FLAGS in the Makefile.
 * This will pick up the value from /etc/make.conf.

Well, there are lots of ports that compile with `-g', I haven't tried
to fix them as long as they include some form of another of `-O' as
well.  Stripping the results will produce a binary that's small
enough, and some programs have strange requirements on what flags they
want to be compiled with so I don't want to just go in and change
them.

But if you verified that ghostscript works well with `-O2 -m486' (I
think that's the default for most users), by all means go ahead and
add that into the Makefile.  (Or I can do it for you.)

Satoshi