Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2001 01:53:11 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: What is FreeBSD, Inc?

Unfortunately, the people that are in charge of that apparently
have better things to do.  According to USPTO, the FreeBSD trademark
still belongs to Walnut Creek, aka WRS.  Certain individuals insisted
some time ago that this was going to be changed but apparently they
haven't filed the proper paperwork.